1 – wordgame
Start with this word game to warm up your brain and switch it into English mode.
2 – vocabulary
It will be followed by a review of aircraft-related vocabulary. To check each word’s pronunciation, download the document and open it with Adobe Reader.
3 – listening comprehension
Next train your ear with this listening comprehension exercise:
4 – grammar
Then, keep up the good work with some easy grammar.
5 – reading comprehension
Last, but not least, this reading comprehension exercise, in the form of an article from The Connexion, will take you to Roissy and Orly.
Read the article here: border delays at Paris airport
and answer these few questions:
- How long can passengers have to wait at border checkpoints?
- What has exacerbated the problem?
- According to the head of the border police, what is just not possible?
3 – Listening comprehension :
CTL – Cherokee 9-2-3-4 Victor, Vero Beach tower, enter left base runway 2-9 left, report 2 mile-left base.
PIL – Report 2 mile-left base for 2-9 left, 3-4 Victor
4 – Grammar:
Answer is b : the use of the past tense expresses the idea that the action began and finished in the past.
On the other hand, the use of the present perfect in answers a and c means that the action still continues in the present.
5 – Reading comprehension:
– up to 2 hours
– France’s state of emergency and the European request for reinforcement of controls on entry from non-Schengen citizens
– move people through Roissy in less than 30 minutes