For a little more fun, find the typo in one of the clues!
3 – listening comprehension
First listen to two recordings from www.liveatc.net:
Then find the missing words in the transcript.
4 – reading comprehension
Read this « In English, please » article published in the October 2010 issue of Info-pilote, entitled « In-flight medical emergencies », then answer these questions:
– What is a rpk?
– Why is there a 24-hour waiting period between scuba diving and flying?
– How can you reduce the risk of blood clot occurence?
5 – general English corner
Get ready for the Holiday season, and prepare for an all aviation-themed party with « Ho, Ho, Ho! « , an article published in Info-pilote some years ago. Apart from the site offering personalized caricature drawings, it has not aged a bit. You might just add « drones » to the list of possible gifts!
No questions here, just try to memorize the vocabulary.
– A Revenue Passenger Kilometer is flown when a revenue passenger is carried one kilometer. A revenue passenger is a passenger who paid for his/her airline ticket.
– To avoid decompression sickness in case some residual nitrogen remains in the diver’s system.
– By staying hydrated and practising simple leg exercises to improve blood circulation