PRACTICE PAPER #13 – METEOROLOGY
2 – reading comprehension
– Automatic terminal information service
– It reduces the controller’s workload
– An ATIS accessed via a data link service
3 – listening comprehension
4 – quiz
5 – general English corner
– Easter Day is always the first Sunday after the first calculated Full Moon on or after March 21st. If the Full Moon is on a Sunday, Easter Day is on the next Sunday.
– Lent is the period of 40 days before Easter, not counting the Sundays. It starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Easter Eve. It represents the 40 days when Jesus was tempted by the Devil in the desert. During this time he didn’t eat or drink anything. Because of this, some Christians fast for Lent.
– Shrove Tuesday is the day before Lent starts on Ash Wednesday. The other name for this day, Pancake Day, comes from the custom of using up all the fattening ingredients in the house before Lent, so that people were ready to fast during Lent. The fattening ingredients that most people had in their houses in those days were eggs and milk. A very simple recipe to use up these ingredients was to combine them with some flour and make pancakes!
– Easter officially starts with Lent, 46 days before Easter Day, and officially ends 49 days after Easter Day with the Christian Festival of Pentecost or Whitsun.